Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Alive

Wow. Over four months have passed since my last post. I apologize to all those who have stopped by looking for a new post only to be disappointed. Also, I want to say Thank You to all readers for your continued support and emails. I look forward to writing on a more regular basis once classes are over (3 more weeks!). At that time, I will have time to devote to writing again. Much has happened over the past four months that I want to document and share with you.

Second year is a beast. The schedule has been relentless. The volume of information. . . obscene.

I have eighteen days of lecture, one quiz and three exams remaining before I begin some major USMLE Step 1 studying. I will be taking the Step 1 in early/mid-June. If you're a praying person, Pray for me! Otherwise, please send positive thoughts and energy my way.

As the school year comes to a close, I am feeling very much alive. I've established a regular sleep schedule that allows me to get to class on time when I need to (and I'm much more productive), I'm feeling healthy (eating right, exercising and all that jazz), I'm getting my weekly dose of TV (ANTM and Oprah's Big Give), spring is here (the weather was gorgeous today), and I have an international medical mission to look forward to over the summer.

Again, thank you for stopping by.

7 comments:

The Lone Coyote said...

Welcome back. Good luck with all of the Step 1 studying. Do tons of questions.

Tea N. Crumpet said...

I will do you better and light some candles for you! I will light them to St. Luke and get him to pray with me!

I'm so excited for you!

Anonymous said...

you're alive!

I'm glad you're doing well... Our school hasn't consumed you.

Unknown said...

Don't forget to write! I'm going to need your advice!

Dragonfly said...

Welcome back. Re the international medical mission - do tell more!

Medical Student said...

Hello DC Medical Student! I'm a fellow med student and I have been reading your blog recently. I have just started my own blog (http://medschoolishard.blogspot.com/ ... yes, that's "med school is hard") and I was wondering if you would be willing to link to my blog in your links section. In return, I would be happy to do the same! (My blog is kinda a satirical look at everything medical school stands for. Also, it's not supposed to be personal, so I don't have my name on it anywhere :P ) So yeah, that's all I wanted to say, so please let me know! Thanks so much!

DC Med Student said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! I really appreciate all of you support!