Saturday, September 8, 2007

All New

It's September, and to me that means only one thing: All New! That's right, all new seasons of my favorite television programs.

Now, as you may know, television and I went our separate ways years ago. Actually, I had to let her go since I'm a TV addict and there was no way I was going to get into medical school with TV as a distraction. Yes, it was that bad.

For a while, the No-TV Plan was working. I got through the hell that is the medical school application process; I was reading more; I was exercising more; I was participating more in life. Then I entered medical school and the workload took over my life. But then around halfway through the school year, I discovered ABC.com's Full Episode Player. And it was over.

I was instantly hooked on Grey's Anatomy and Ugly Betty. LOVE THEM! (OK, I'm getting a little too excited over here.) I caught up on all the episodes that I missed, and then every week I would wait for the new episodes, which, unfortunately post around 2 a.m. the night/morning after they air. And of course this year, we have Private Practice to look forward to. Oh, I can't wait for all the drama! September 27th. Mark your calendars!

And then my Oprah -- yes, my Oprah -- kicks off season 22 of The Oprah Winfrey Show this Monday, September 10, at NYC's Madison Square Garden, the only place suitable for the grand event. If I could just get a ticket to one of her shows. . . It's an obsession people.

No comments: