Tuesday, October 23, 2007

NYC

As you know, I was feeling a bit stir-crazy the past couple of weeks, so I decided to take a little trip to the Big Apple. It was the best thing I could have done for myself.

A friend from college met me at Penn Station around 1PM on Saturday, we dropped off my bags
at her place, and then hit the city. We spent the majority of the afternoon and evening at the Top of the Rock (Rockefeller Center). The sunset and views from the observation decks are gorgeous! Unfortunately, I forgot my camera, but my friend had her camera and took over 100 beautiful pictures (two shown in this post).

At 8PM, we met up with another friend from college, who treated us to dinner and a night of bar hopping with his friends. We started off at Coffee Shop (Union Square) for dinner and drinks, made our way to Merc Bar (SoHo) for more drinks, and ended the night at Pegu Club (Village/SoHo) for some of the best cocktails I've ever had.

Without realizing it, we stayed out really late. It was past 4AM by the time we left the last bar. NYC is crazy like that. There are tons of people out and about at all hours. You can't help but lose track of time. I can see how it would be very easy to stay up all night.
I love New York City!

Now that I'm back in DC, the stress level is slowing rising once again.
I have an exam this week and two on Monday. Yes, I've come back to reality -- I'm a med student -- and it's not pretty.

The good news is that I don't think I'm going to be as stressed as I would be had I not made the trip to see my friends. Instead of feeling like I never get to go out and have fun, I have great memories and pictures from this weekend to look back on. I can't help but smile when I think of all the great moments. It makes it easier for me to now focus my energy on studying.

I played hard all weekend and now it's time to work hard.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope you had a D.D.! Did you behave yourself? My personal philosophy? Drink more coffee.

Anonymous said...

I heart NYC!

That post bought back a lot of memories of my time there! I liked DC too, with all the white buildings round Capitol.