Thursday, October 18, 2007

Shots

I could have used a couple shots (lemon drops, preferably) before going to the student health center for Tdap and Hep B vaccinations today. I'm such a baby when it comes to shots! I get all nervous and sweaty, and I feel like I have to get to know the nurse a little better before I let her stick me.

I'm sorry, What was your name again?

Oh! Are those pictures of your family?

Those eyeglass frames are great! Are they new?

Oh, yes, I'm sorry, I'm sure you're very busy.

OK, so my arm is going to be sore for a few days with the Tdap?

I'm right-handed, so, yes, let's put that one in my left arm.

OK. . . Yes, I'm ready.

That wasn't so ba-- The other arm, right.

It's so embarrassing, but I can't help it. I can't even look at the injections! I wonder how this is going to play out when I have to administer a shot. I've yet to be in that situation, but I don't think I have a problem giving other people shots. Just keep the needles away from me.

What can I say, I like my shots in a one ounce glass, not a syringe.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wimp

Unknown said...

I'm completely the opposite. I can take a shot (yeah, I prefer to drink them too), but giving one. . . I don't know. We did a blood lab once and I had to have my partner stick me, I couldn't do it myself. By the way, that was a fun read.

DC Med Student said...

Stinky: Easy, easy -- sensitive over here. ;o)

Anne: Thank you!

Anonymous said...

oh man, you've just reminded me i have to book up for my blood tests with occ health :S

my arm is not pleased...