Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Dr. A

Amazing. Dr. A's teaching style is exemplary. She is everything a medical school professor should be. She speaks in a loud clear voice. Her PowerPoint presentations are high yield. She integrates material as she is lecturing. She engages us, the students, by asking questions that lead us through a concept in a logical manner. As Tina Turner would say, Dr. A is simply The Best.

I am at my best when I am challenged by professors such as Dr. A. It motivates me to be as great as she. I don't think I could ever lecture like she can (I do not like to speak before large audiences), however I do think that I can get to the point where I can think about this material the way she does. This year is proving to be a lot more interesting to me, making it easier to retain the information. And, because I feel like I need to know this information so that I do not cause a patient harm when I begin my clinical years, I tend to stay more focused and "active" as I am reading my texts.

I hope that we will continue to have great professors like Dr. A throughout this school year. It makes this journey seem painless and even -- dare I say it -- fun.

No comments: